Modifications / Parental Relocation

Custody, Time-sharing, Child Support and Alimony

Sudden, unexpected changes in your life — a lost job, a business relocation, plans to remarry — can cause the need for revisions in your prior agreement or court order.  Circumstances may also unexpectedly change for you and your  children and you may need a modification of parental authority, time-sharing or child support.  Sometimes the need for a modification is the result of an unexpected emergency concerning the safety of your children.

On these occasions, you may have sufficient legal grounds to seek and obtain a  modification of your agreement or court orders. At the law offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., we are experienced in handling modification actions and can guide you toward sound legal decisions concerning your future.

Our full-service family law offices serve clients in the greater Tampa metro and central Gulf Coast area, including the counties of Pasco, Pinellas, Hernando and Hillsborough.

Has a dramatic change in lifestyle made it difficult to carry out your obligations under your prior agreement or order? We can discuss the needed modifications during your initial consultation with our New Port Richey lawyer.

When Parental Relocation is an Issue, Call Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A.

If you or your former spouse relocate more than 50 miles or outside of the state, changes to your parenting plan will need to be made. Relocating with a minor child in Florida requires strict adherence to Florida’s laws and significant advanced notice to the non-moving parent. If you and your former spouse agree to the relocation, you can submit an relocation parenting plan to the court without a hearing. If the non-moving parent objects to the relocation with the child, a hearing will be held before the court to determine if the move is appropriate and in the best interest of the child. This decision can disrupt and permanently change your life and that of your child. It is imperative that a qualified and capable attorney represent you when so much is at stake.

Your divorce modification lawyer can suggest methods of making a long-distance co-parenting role less problematic. Regular telephone or e-mail contact, an established travel schedule and use of webcams have all helped out-of-state parents continue their role in a child’s life.

We strive to keep your family as intact as possible after divorce, for the sake of your children. Our law offices encourage stable relationships for your children, despite a relocated parent’s absence. Any settlement revision modification we propose would reflect this goal.

If you are remarrying, being required to relocate on business or have lost your job, Audrey A. Jefferis can see to modifications of your settlement agreement. We can also answer any other family law questions you might have.

For Changes to Your Life and Family Obligations, Call Us Toll-Free

Our law office phone number is (727) 845-6174. We offer weeknight and weekend appointments, for your convenience.