Changes in Time Sharing

Assisting Parents in the Tampa Bay Area With Child Custody Modifications

Child Custody Modification New Port Richey FLIf you’re seeking to modify a time-sharing plan, or if the other parent wants a modification and you’re against the change, you can turn to the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., for legal representation. Our firm serves clients in New Port Richey, Florida, and surrounding areas, and we focus almost exclusively on marital and family law matters.

Agreed-Upon Modifications

In some cases, both parents will agree that their time-sharing plan needs to be modified in light of changing circumstances. When that happens, the lawyers for each parent will work together to draft a new custody agreement, which they’ll then submit to the judge for approval. At the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., we have extensive experience negotiating settlements, and we’ll use creative problem-solving techniques to generate a plan that satisfies everyone’s needs.

Contested Modifications

In other cases, only one parent wants to modify the time-sharing plan. That parent will need to file a petition with the court showing that a substantial change in circumstances that was unforeseen at the time of the existing agreement has occurred, and that the modification would be in the child’s best interests. Although each case is different, some common reasons to request a modification of a parenting plan include an out-of-state move, an illness or injury that affects one’s ability to parent a child, and the development of an addiction.

Once a modification petition is filed, the other parent will have the chance to present his or her side to the court, as well. The court must determine whether there has been a substantial change in circumstances and whether the proposed modification is in the best interest of the child. The court will take into consideration the impact the requested change will have on your child’s schooling, extracurricular activities, relationships with family and friends, and other aspects of their life. Whether you’re seeking to modify a time-sharing plan or you’re opposing such a modification, you can count on the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., to zealously represent your interests in court.

Contact Us

Residents of the Tampa Bay area who need assistance with child custody modification proceedings can contact the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., to set up a consultation. Our main office — which is located on Massachusetts Avenue in New Port Richey, FL — is open on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. We also operate a satellite office in Palm Harbor, FL. We look forward to working with you.

The divorce and Family Law Attorneys at The Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis provide services in the following counties: Pasco County, Pinellas County, Hernando County and Hillsborough County. Let us help you today!

How Can We Help You

Need legal representation? Fill in our contact form with some information about your case/concern. One of our representatives will respond to you shortly.