Paternity Lawyer New Port Richey FL

Paternity Lawyers Representing Fathers in New Port Richey, FL

Picture of a father and his young daughter lying on the floor and coloring with crayons.The Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A.—a trusted family law firm based in New Port Richey, Florida—proudly represents fathers who are looking to legally establish their parental rights. Our skilled paternity lawyers have extensive experience handling these cases, and they’ll provide you with the diligent advocacy you deserve, making sure to treat you with kindness and respect at every step of the process.

What if You’re Listed on the Birth Certificate?

If your name is already included on your child’s birth certificate, do you need to take any additional steps to establish your parental rights? If you weren’t married to your child’s mother at the time your child was born, then yes, you do. Florida law holds that when a child is born out of wedlock, the mother is automatically the natural guardian unless and until the father affirmatively enforces his rights.

If that’s the case for you, our knowledgeable paternity lawyers can guide you through the steps needed to establish your legal rights as your child’s father. First, we’ll file a notice on your behalf with Florida’s Putative Father Registry. Then, once that notice has been filed, we’ll commence an action for paternity.

Speak to a Paternity Lawyer

If you’re ready to take the next step forward with establishing your parental rights, contact the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., today. We’ll be happy to schedule an initial consultation with one of the paternity lawyers on our team. In addition to our main office in New Port Richey, FL, we also have a satellite office in Palm Harbor, and we can meet at whichever location you’d prefer.

The divorce and Family Law Attorneys at The Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis provide services in the following counties: Pasco County, Pinellas County, Hernando County and Hillsborough County. Let us help you today!

How Can We Help You

Need legal representation? Fill in our contact form with some information about your case/concern. One of our representatives will respond to you shortly.