Paternity Lawyer Pasco County FL

The Paternity Lawyers to Choose for Your Case in Pasco County, FL

Picture of a father and his infant son playing with blocks on their living room rug.If you’re looking to establish your rights as a father, it’s important to take action sooner than later, especially if your child’s mother has indicated that she’s planning to put the baby up for adoption or make any other significant decisions. Fortunately, if you’re in Pasco County, Florida, or the surrounding area, you can rely on the knowledgeable paternity lawyers at the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., to help walk you through the necessary steps. Unlike general practice firms, we exclusively focus on family law, and you can rest easy knowing that we have extensive experience handling paternity cases.

What if You’re Already on the Birth Certificate?

If you’re listed as the father on your child’s birth certificate, that should be enough to establish your parental rights, correct? Unfortunately, that’s not always the case in Florida. In this state, when a child is born out of wedlock, the father has to take affirmative steps to legally enforce his rights. (In many cases, this involves filing a notice with Florida’s Putative Father Registry, then filing a paternity action—a paternity lawyer can help guide you through this process.) If the father doesn’t complete these steps, the child’s mother will automatically be recognized as the natural guardian.

Speak to a Family Law Attorney

Don’t delay—contact the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., today and schedule a consultation with one of our skilled paternity lawyers. In addition to our Pasco County, FL, office—conveniently located at 8138 Massachusetts Avenue in New Port Richey—we also operate a satellite office in Palm Harbor.

The divorce and Family Law Attorneys at The Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis provide services in the following counties: Pasco County, Pinellas County, Hernando County and Hillsborough County. Let us help you today!

How Can We Help You

Need legal representation? Fill in our contact form with some information about your case/concern. One of our representatives will respond to you shortly.