Child Custody Lawyer Clearwater FL

Child Custody Lawyers Proudly Serving Clients in Clearwater, FL

Picture of a father kneeling down to hug his son.Residents of Clearwater, Florida, and the surrounding area can confidently turn to the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., for issues involving parental responsibility (custody) and time-sharing (visitation). Our child custody lawyers work diligently to help clients achieve the best possible results at court, always acting with compassion, courtesy, and respect.

Children’s Wishes: Are They Taken Into Account?

Has your child expressed an opinion regarding where they’ll live, how much time they’ll spend with each parent, or any other issues related to custody and visitation? You’re probably wondering whether the family court judge will be considering your child’s wishes. According to Florida law, the judge will have the discretion to consider your child’s preferences only if they feel that your child is sufficiently mature (this is a subjective determination, and an experienced child custody lawyer can provide some insight into what will likely happen in your specific case). And even if the judge does take your child’s opinion into account, he or she may still issue a decision that doesn’t conform with your child’s wishes.

Schedule a Consultation

Would you like to discuss your case with a child custody lawyer and receive advice that’s carefully tailored to your specific circumstances? Then contact the Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis, P.A., today and ask to schedule an initial consultation. In addition to our main location in New Port Richey, we maintain a satellite office in Palm Harbor, making us a convenient option for residents of the Clearwater, FL, area. We look forward to meeting with you, answering your questions, and providing you with our initial thoughts on your case.

The divorce and Family Law Attorneys at The Law Offices of Audrey A. Jefferis provide services in the following counties: Pasco County, Pinellas County, Hernando County and Hillsborough County. Let us help you today!

How Can We Help You

Need legal representation? Fill in our contact form with some information about your case/concern. One of our representatives will respond to you shortly.